Thursday, February 3, 2011

Leo loses another tooth

Last night when I came home my 7 year old son Leo was in the shower. David, my husband, told me that Leo had something to show me. David was getting a five dollar bill out of his wallet, and said that I could probably figure out what Leo had to show me based on the $5, but that gave me no clue. Leo told me to look on the counter when I went in the bathroom and I saw another of his teeth there. (We don't do the Tooth Fairy thing with him, we just give him $5 and keep the tooth.) I congratulated Leo on losing another tooth. He told me how he removed the tooth. "It wouldn't come out, so this is how I got it out." He then made a fist and mimicked punching himself in the face. I was very surprised and asked if that is really how he got it out, since he had just pulled the last 3 out. Both he and David agreed that he had indeed punched himself in the mouth. "There was blood everywhere" David added. It is logical I guess, at least to a 7 year old.

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! Your stories of real life just slay me! Leo sounds like such a cool kid. Lucky kid, too, to have parents who sound like they haven't forgotten what it was like to be 7!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious. Well, it's better than my situation. When younger, none of my teeth fell out on their own, so I had to have them pulled 4-6 at a time by the dentist in various stages. It was expensive and the family dentist was far too conservative with his Novocain... now I have a certifiable phobia of dentists...

    Good move to avoid the "Tooth Fairy" charade. How many teeth has Leo lost total and has he ever asked about "the Tooth Fairy?"

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cueball, he's lost 4, working on number 5. Many people have dentist phobias.

    Jaygeemmm, I don't know if I remember being seven so well. I don't think that I was much like Leo at that age. I was more reserved and he is anything but that.

    ReplyDelete