Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"Leo has had a busy day today."

That was how the lady working the desk in the principal's office in Leo's school greeted Christopher when he went to pick Leo up yesterday. (He was picking Leo up for an appointment, and the school policy is that the parent goes to the principal's office and the staff call the classroom to have the child sent to the office.) As all parents would when hearing that comment from the school office, Christopher braced himself for bad news, thinking "What has he done?" Well, it turns out that it wasn't anything bad at all. Leo had dragged one of the ladies from the cafeteria to the principal's office with him and wanted to complain about the choices in the cafeteria. (How did he convince the "lunch lady" as he calls her to come with him? He is persuasive though.) He wants to bring back the pesto pasta salad that he says all the kids like and get rid of some onion dish that has replaced it. So the office told him to start a petition to change the lunch options and have others sign it, which he did. He told me that he had 60 kids sign the petition, while Christopher says that he only saw 25 signatures on the petition. Either way, the office staff, Christopher and I are all proud of his determination. I encourage him to change the world when he can. Maybe he is an activist. Will I soon see him joining Occupy Wall Street?

3 comments:

  1. I can only imagine the thoughts that must have gone through Christopher's mind when he heard that! HAHAHAHAHA Well good for Leo! I am sure he'll be a go-getter as he matures, he's certainly starting out well.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's little stories like this that remind me I want to have a kid of my own some day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jay and Max. I hope that Leo keeps working to improve the world. Yes, being a dad is great, most days. It is much more work than I though that it would be, but always worth it.

    ReplyDelete