Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Leo returns, Don't Ask Don't Tell leaves

I talked with my husband Christopher the other day about my blog. He asked that I remove our son's name and use a pseudonym again. Apparently internet security and safety recommendations are to not use children's names. So I changed his name in a post from a while back to Leo. Jay, I couldn't remove Leo's true name from your post without removing the entire post so I had to delete your comment. Sorry.

On other topics, Don't Ask, Don't Tell ended yesterday. It is a big step. I dated a few guys who were in the military when I was younger, and it wasn't fun to have to hide when we went out. One more brick removed from the wall of inequality for gays and lesbians in this country.

5 comments:

  1. Don't worry about it at all. While I work with Internet security for 65,000 students in our school system, and honestly believe we overblow the threats, I'm not willing to argue the point either! Leo it is! No offense taken at all, Birch. (Did I spell that right?)

    Yes, DADT is history, and if my buddy in the Army is any indication, it'll be fine...his attitude is "I don't care who you sleep with as long as you do your damn job!"

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not using real names either . . . better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll want to edit your August 26th post as well, including the "Labels" portion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Joe.

    Jay, it's Burch but that's fine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll remember now! (Of course, I could have looked it up in the blog post...guess I was being lazy ;-))
    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete