Friday, January 6, 2012

is my son Tom Sawyer?

Last weekend we discovered that Leo was raking the leaves in our front yard, and that he had somehow convinced the two bothers that live up the street to join him in raking. They even brought their own rake. How exactly did he manage to get them to help out with a chore like that? Christopher suggested that maybe he is Tom Sawyer. But I think Tom Sawyer got other kids to do the work for him, while Leo was out there working too. We felt that we should reward all the kids for their work, so we gave them $2 each. Well the next day they were all back for more. So we paid them again but told them that the cash payments were over. So the little entrepreneurs went up the street to the brothers' house, raked their yard, and got paid again. Maybe Leo is Donald Trump, just nicer and with much better hair.

I hope that everyone had a good holiday season. Ours was low key but good.

I also wanted to welcome a new follower, Dodger. Dodger, do you want to tell us about yourself?

3 comments:

  1. Pretty smart kid! I read Tom Sawyer when I was about 10 or 11, I thought the whole fence thing was great!!!

    Are the two kids really "bothers"? HAHAHAHA I think kids just band together sometimes, a sort of "hey he's doing it, it must be cool" - early peer pressure, I suppose.

    I did have a nice holiday season, and the last decoration comes down tomorrow, since tonight is Epiphany. Happy New Year!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jay. Yeah, taking down the tree is on the schedule for this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is his mind for rent to any god or government?
    Is he always hopeful, yet discontent?
    Does he know changes aren't permanent?

    Sorry, couldn't resist! I don't even like that song.

    Anyhow, as always, I love your stories about Leo!

    ReplyDelete