Saturday, April 10, 2010

we're home

We returned from our vacation. I've been up since just before 3 AM Eastern time, so just before midnight today Pacific time. We're probably not going to fly United again. Why send us from Georgia to Chicago to get to California? Leo did well on the flights until the last 30 minutes or so, which is really good.

David is angry at my father about the way that David feels that my dad ignored Leo. My dad prefers little kids that can't disagree with him, and he doesn't know how to handle it when Leo is tired or frustrated and snaps at him. My dad takes it personally and gets his feelings hurt, when all the other adults recognize that it just a tired kid. David is going to write an email later about his issues with the trip in general and my dad's actions in particular.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch, that is tuff following it up with an email. I would never be able to do that, I would be ostracized forever. As it is, we haven't been back to see my family as a whole after Christmas 2004 when my dad through the Christmas goose at Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Family's are weird sometimes. Hopefully you guys can talk it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Sean and Madeleine. We didn't throw food. There are some issues that need to be discussed. My mother is aware of the issues with my father, and she can usually get through to him.

    ReplyDelete