Thursday, February 11, 2010

I've got a stiffy

I've got a stiffy today and it won't go away. I woke up with it and it's still here. I've done all that I can think to do to get relief - I've stroked it, rubbed it, massaged it and nothing has changed. Won't it go away sometime soon? It's affecting the way I walk now. I had a meeting at work this morning and had to sit there with it. Ugh. I even took medication and it didn't help. Any ideas? It's mostly the right side that is stiff, the left side is fine. What do you do when you have a stiff neck?

Wait, you thought that I was talking about a what?? Is sex the only thing on your mind? Probably yes. ;-)

Seriously, I do have a stiff neck today, so why not have some fun with it.

5 comments:

  1. hahaha u really got me with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was reading that and all I could think of was taking the bus to school which had a certain vibration that would cause that and I would be forced to hold my books in an certain spot that didn't look right to hide my issue. But I was clearly on the dirty path. Oh dear,yes that would be the pre backpack days when I went to school. See Arodomon, there are bigger things to worry about like staring down the barrel at 50, I just turned 48 and I can tell you that was a very depressing BDay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that you had me fooled for all of two lines, lol. Have you tried rubbing a habanero pepper on your neck? The capsaicin content is highest in habaneros and can relieve musculoskeletal aches.

    It worked well for me but no guarantees... (please note this does not constitute medical advice. if your neck pain worsens, please consult your doctor. *End obligatory legal disclaimer*...

    I wonder what percentage of medical tests are performed moreso for the physician's peace of mind (in terms of "CYA") primarily and patient-indicated diagnosis secondarily? *rhetorical question*

    Hope you're doing better, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA..I knew you were joking, I mean who would not know what to do with their stiffy :)

    All the best..

    www.gayoncemeanthappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHAHA! I have a bad right shoulder (osteoarthritis that has left no cartilage), so I can identify with neck pain. Sometimes the muscles try so hard to compensate that it hurts from the wrist to my jaw.

    But until your "reveal" I was like "d@mn, did he take too much Vi@gr@ last night?" (see, I do our filters at work, so I remembered yours)

    Jay in VA

    ReplyDelete