Monday, February 15, 2010

San Francisco anniversary gifts


As I said yesterday, we celebrated our San Francisco anniversary and Valentine's Day. I gave David a new suit jacket. Really, he picked it out and bought it but I "gave" it to him.

I asked David to give me a necklace that I picked out on Etsy.com, a website that lets artists sell their creations online. Here is the necklace. It has the heart on the smallest disk, then Leo's name on the middle one, and David's on the largest disk. I wanted to wear something with their names on it. If I were younger I might have chosen a tattoo, but a necklace works.

It's strange, now that I think of it. I never liked jewelry in the past, but now I have our wedding ring on my left ring finger, the ring that David gave me for Christmas on my right ring finger, a woven bracelet on my right wrist, a woven anklet on my left ankle, and now a necklace.

4 comments:

  1. David's real name is Nicole? I think there's something you're not telling us . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. That was the photo from the artist's web page on Etsy. I chose the names that I wanted. No Nicole for me, although if Leo would have been a girl that would have been fine with me - I wanted to name a girl after my grandmother. David wanted a boy though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is awesome the way you feel the desire to show your commitment to each other.
    I love reading how happy you guys seem, and how you building a wonderful family unit, whilst all the while doing it to your own rulebook.

    www.gayoncemeanthappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bubby. I've been reading your blog and have been hoping for the best for you.

    ReplyDelete