Thursday, February 18, 2010

Leo plays the blues, and Moo Moo the Cow

Lately when Leo has been sent to his room for a timeout for misbehavior, he will start to play his harmonica. A family friend plays the harmonica and Leo wanted to as well. He now only seems to play it during timeouts. David said that the music seems sad, so he wrote on his Facebook account that he didn't expect his six year old son to be playing the blues. Phil, David's father, wrote that the blues are better than what David played as a child when he was sent to his room. He had a record player (yes, I do mean record player for you young readers) and would play "Moo Moo the Cow" over and over and over again. It drove Phil crazy. Maybe that was David's goal - to make his punishment so unpleasant for everyone that he would be unlikely to be punished. I wouldn't doubt the adult David that I know and love doing that, but I don't know if he was like that as a kid. David says that he has no memory of Moo Moo the Cow or playing the record.

1 comment:

  1. I have no recollection of this "Moo Moo the Cow" of which my that speaks. That's my story, and i'm sticking to it like glue. That said, i recall vividly playing "The Aristocats" soundtrack over and over until long past the point that the disk warped, because really, doesn't everybody want to be a cat?

    ReplyDelete