Tuesday, January 26, 2010

do unto OTTERS

My son Leo's school had a contest recently. Many "snowballs" (don't know what they really were but they weren't snowballs) were put into a large jar and all the students and staff at the school could guess how many snowballs were in the jar. Out of all the kids in kindergarten through sixth grade, and the staff, the only person to correctly guess the correct answer of 206 snowballs was Leo. I was surprised - can he count to 206? The prize was that he could go to the library and pick out any new book to keep for himself. He picked "Do unto otters: a book about manners" that uses otters to teach lessons. My son picked a book on manners? Really? His manners are pretty good, better to others than his family members. So I guess kids continue to amaze or surprise their parents all of their lives.

As an addendum to my last post, I also kidded David that since his parents remarried, he no longer comes from what the right wing calls a "broken" home.

2 comments: