Thursday, January 28, 2010

the lecture that I received last night

Last night I was given a stern lecture. It went something like this:

What are you doing up this late?!

me: I'm going to bed right now. You should go to bed too.

You haven't gotten any sleep yet!

me: I know, but I'm going to bed right now.

You shouldn't be up this late.

me: It's not that late (it was about 10:20 PM).

What have you been doing?

me: Well, after I got home from work I spent some time with you, then I went for a run, then David and I, uh, "talked" (which means we had really good sex), then I took a shower, ate dinner, and am now coming to bed. You should go to bed too. I'll see you in the morning. I love you.

I love you too.


The source of this lecture? Not my parents or husband, but Leo, my six year old son. He should not have been up that late but hasn't been sleeping well lately. He obviously loves me and watches out for me. Sweet, when I think about it

5 comments:

  1. leo is very cute- he definitely looks out for you. Glad you had a guys find the time for a good "talk" too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he does look out for me. I wish that he was sleeping better. Talking that late isn't ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. A little role reversal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you love it when the kids become the parents. 6 is such a wonderful age, although every age now I keep thinking i wish I could just pause them here.

    www.gayoncemeanthappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. hb9, I need to clarify my earlier comment. I meant talking to Leo that late isn't ideal. "Talking" to David is always good, no matter what the time.

    ReplyDelete