Sunday, January 3, 2010

various random thoughts


This is one of my son's Bakugan. They're kinda neat, even to me. They start out as a small sphere that then opens up into elaborate animal shaped toys. There is a game that can be played with them, but for now my son just enjoys playing with them. I admire the engineering and creativity that went into making them.






I saw a trailer for an upcoming movie that looks like predictable, campy fun, Is It Just Me? I think that the web site is
isitjustmethemovie.com. David and I rarely go to see a movie so we probably won't see it in a theatre but may watch it on DVD. I say that but I still haven't signed us up for Netflix yet.

I like to keep my life organized when I can, and meals are part of that. David and I cook in large quantities on the weekend and put up meal sized leftovers in our freezer. So this is what our freezer looks like. Wall to wall with leftovers. I also plan out my outfits for the work week and have them hanging in my closet by Sunday night. No more trying to think of what to wear when I first wake up. I know what you're thinking, and no, I don't have obsessive compulsive disorder. I just like organization. Very much. My clothes are the same way - pants and shirts organized by style and color, the shirts hung in the order of the visible light spectrum - red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet. This sounds weird even to me as I write this.

3 comments:

  1. I am pleased to see that the Bakugan craze is totally universal, My son loves collecting these things, and I am have been found on the odd occasion marveling at them as well.
    www.gayoncemeanthappy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, they seem to have spanned the industrialized world. It is surprising what a small sphere can transform into.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At some point, organization becomes a means of keeping our own conception and understanding of the world "in order." Another way to think of it is that the average human being can mentally attend to about 7 objects/ ideas simultaneously in his/her thoughts. Anticipatory decision making helps clear your mind for thinking about more pressing issues.

    The ideal me would choose to do the same things you described. There are some days, though, that i'm just content to leave the house fully dressed and eat my three meals... small steps. :O)

    ReplyDelete